I’ve updated the Sirius project with a new page of pictures. I have only two or three challenges to solve before I can finish it up. AND then, we’ll launch this puppy! Ok, five.
- Rail buttons–not really a challenge, I just have to order them.
- Motor retention clip. I think I can probably fabricate this…we’ll see.
- Upper shock cord attachment…I want to be able to change out the cords if one gets damaged.
- Parachute design–build or buy?
- Paint scheme–I have some ideas here.
I’m teaching myself Blender, so I can work up some 3D models of the rocket. That way, I’ll be able to play with some of the color schemes I have in mind. And Blender is just awesome, btw.
Oh, and the rocket’s back-story is almost done too. Wait–you didn’t know that the rocket had to have a back-story? What kind of philistine are you!?!?